The eligibility criteria we go by are based on the projects which are submitted to Planet Action. Planet Action supports projects involved at least in one of the following domains:
- Human issues
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Drought and desertification
- Forest and deforestation
- Ice & snow cover
- Oceans and coastlines
- Water resources
To be eligible for support from Planet Action, projects must:
- assess climate change related issues and propose a course of actions;
- deal with at least one of the Planet Action domains;
- have a member who resides in the country where the project takes place (at least for the project duration);
- be proposed by a non-profit organization such as a NGO, a public laboratory or a university (Business organizations do not qualify for direct support);
- confirm that the project has no commercial objective;
- confirm that the project has no religious or ideological content or objective.
Additional criteria will be considered, such as:
- the importance and usefulness of the project for local populations;
- a focus on building awareness, information, training or outreach activities that will result from the project;
- specific methodologies supported by staff members or associated teams with an appropriate background for the work proposed.
Last but not least, the project "size"
A typical Planet Action project may require 5 to 10 satellite images - which may be provided either at once, or at different periods of time, as requested.
If your project meets these criteria, you may want to submit it on-line, after reading the guidelines for doing so: